Favicon Icon Drawing Program Online Free
Draw your own favicon or icon online for free using this entirely web-based, non-Java icon generator. All you need is a modern web browser like Firefox. The tool creates a 16x16 pixel icon in 16 colors with optional transparency.
You can customize the color pallete by typing the color code in the color pallete text boxes. To draw, hold down one of CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT keys on your keyboard and move the mouse over the drawing area. Do not press any mouse buttons while you are drawing. Hold down the SHIFT key to make areas transparent. Here is what the buttons do:
- Select - Choose the color as the primary CTRL drawing color
- Swap Colors - Swap the CTRL and ALT drawing colors
- Reset Colors - Reset all color codes to defaults
- Clear Icon - Erase the drawing and fill it with the ALT drawing color
- Preview Icon - View the icon in the preview box
- Download Icon - Send the favicon.ico to your browser
Favicons are the small thumbnail images that appear in your web browser when you visit a website. The icons typically appear in the address bar and next to bookmarks. To install a favicon on your own website, copy the favicon.ico to the root folder of your web server.
Sorry, but you can not save the icons online or load existing icons. Instead, click the Generate Icon button to save the icon to your hard disk. The icons you generate are not recorded anywhere.
Disclaimer: This content is provided as-is. The information may be incorrect.