Web Application Architect - Resume & Portfolio
I am a web-based software engineer with twelve years of experience. I am an expert in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining web-based business and consumer applications.
One of my unique technical skills is that I am equally proficient in the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and equivalent Windows stack (Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, ASP.Net/C#/VB). Another unique skill I have is the ability to design user-friendly forms and interfaces.
As sole developer on many projects, I have designed numerous applications from concept to production, with knowledge in all necessary technical areas from the user interface to the back-end. I have contributed sophisticated functionality to existing applications. With excellent writing skills, I regularly flesh-out concepts into written specifications, prepare project proposals and quotes, and author technical articles. In my current roles, I also give technical direction to other developers.
Aten Software LLC
Created this web-based service providing data feed management and optimization for Internet retailers.
This website is my blog and laboratory for web experiments open to the general public. It serves ~150,000 unique visitors per month.
New Bright Toys
Created this site from scratch. It has a custom CMS back-end built on Zend Framework.
Busch's MyWay E-Commerce
Created an online shopping cart so shoppers can pick-up groceries from their neighborhood store.
Zingerman's Coffee Company
Created an online ordering application for wholesale coffee customers.
Retail Energy Back Office (REBO)
Created and maintained complex data reports and processing routines for energy retailers.
Transit Riders United (TRU)
Lead a team of developers to create a fresh, professional look. Implemented an e-mail newsletter and blog for communication with members.
Created an end-to-end, practice management application with automated billing for doctor's offices.
- PHP 5+, Zend Framework
- ASP.Net 3.5+, C# and VB.Net, Visual Studio 2010, Classic ASP
- MySQL, InnoDB
- SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS Reports
- IIS and Apache Configuration, mod_rewrite
- Source Safe, Tortoise SVN, Subversion, CVS
- Amazon AWS, S3, and RDS integration
- XML, CSV, XLS, DBF, ZIP, GZ data processing
- Linux/FreeBSD shell scripting, cron, background processes, Perl
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Adwords, Adsense
- Authorize.Net, Paypal, Google Checkout integration
- SOAP, AJAX, CGI, HTTP/S, RSS feeds, RTML
- PDFLib, TCPDF, FPDF PDF Generation
- WinForms, Enterprise Library, Master Pages, Web Services, Telerik
- Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, OpenOffice, Paint Shop Pro, Textpad
- Windows Server/, batch files, VBScript/WSF
- Quicken QIF, Quickbooks IIF, Peachtree/Sage 50 integration
- C/C++, Win32 API, GDI, Multi-threading, Sockets, TCP/IP
- OOA/OOD, client-server, n-tier architectures, SOA
- EDI, McKesson integration, HIPAA, HCFA-1500 claim forms, EMR
- Oracle and PL/SQL; SPSS, Matlab, ArcGIS, Avenue
- PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
- IT Consulting Firm, Director of Engineering, 2007-Present
- Independent Consultant, 2002-2007
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments, Planning Analyst, 2001-2002
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001, Master in City Planning
- U. of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 1999, B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Stackoverflow — 2011-Present — Profile
- Association for Computing Machinery — 2003-2012
- Independent Computer Consultants Association - Detroit — 2003-2006
- Association for Shareware Professionals — 2003-2005
Shailesh N. Humbad
Based in Northville, Michigan (suburban Detroit)